Jul 28, 2014

Dear Gramma, I miss you

Gramma Pat with 6 of her 15 (almost 16) great-grandkids

Dear Gramma Pat,
   I'm not even sure what to write to you except that I miss you today.  It's hard to know you won't be calling me tomorrow with a birthday serenade.  It was so hard to say goodbye to you.  I know you are held so tightly by our precious Jesus, and it makes me smile to think of your face looking upon His, but I wish I could still call you and hug you and ask you to pray for me. Thank you for teaching me how precious our family is, the way you treasured each one of us.  I miss your hands with the veins that I see in my own hands, your hugs, even your wet sloppy kisses (that I always wiped off!), and your prayers.  Thank you for your servant heart, the unnoticed, behind the scenes way you touched everything around you.  I loved teasing you that you loved Matt more than me, and fighting Dad and Josh for your rolls and popcorn balls.  I know you are smiling over us, and I am anxiously awaiting a big sloppy kiss when I see you again.

My Dad, his sisters, and cousins

Libby and Addie at the park after the memorial service



No comments: